09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m.
Basics of interoperable building automation (BA)
- Introduction to building automation and terminology e.g. “common” data points, data types and functional levels
BACnet, the global BA network standard (why BACnet?)
- The BACnet committee with ISO/CEN servicing contract: ASHRAE SSPC 135
- Introduction of the world standard EN ISO 16484-5 BACnet world-wide: interest groups and their web pages: BACnet Interest Group Europe, BI, BTL
- Trade fairs with BACnet communal booths, reference project
BACnet DATA Link Layer (Whereby is communicated?)
- BACnet in the ISO/OSI reference model
- The planned standardised data communication methods (transport protocol as a reference to standards)
- Representation of the network topologies, router and half router
- Explanation of a BACnet network example
“The BACnet language” and its components
(How does BACnet work?)
- Introduction to standardised object types
- Presentation on communication services with access functions and groups
- Special functions like value-discrete transmission (COV – Change of VALUE) based on threshold value
- BACnet incident and alarm management, object-internal and rule-based messages (Intrinsic and Algorithmic Change Reporting), message classification
- BACnet procedures for command prioritisation
- Example of an operating calendar and a schedule
- Data recording with the help of the BACnet trend log object
The (automatic) data flow control in the network
- Referencing BACnet objects
- The application of object names
- Project rationalisation and “offline” configuration Using the EDE-file
- Project overview using B-PAT file
07:00 p.m. You are cordially invited to a small Get-Together with the trainer and the other participants.
09:00 a.m. – 04:00 p.m
Integration of BACnet in IT environments
- BACnet communication in an Ethernet/IP environment
- Use of BACnet tunnelling routers
- Special situations with BBMDs and foreign devices
Testing and demonstrating the conformity of BACnet products
- Manufacturer’s declaration “PICS” and “Epics”
- Working with the interoperability of “BIBB” building blocks
- Presentation on the device profiles and device classes
BACnet, the overall BA network standard
- Possibilities for manufacturer-specific extensions
- Application specifications for BACnet planners (AMEV, KBOB)
Outlook on future developments
- BACnet Secure Connect (BACnet/SC)
- Cloud Computing
- Elevator integration via BACnet
- Occupant Evacuation Operation
BACnet Academy Intensive Two Day Training
Please register until November 13, 2019
BACnet Academy intensive two day training is aimed at developers and product managers, project engineers and planners, consultants and integrators as well as all who run and operate building automation.
Each participant will learn the basic technical knowledge of BACnet for interoperable building automation with the worldwide standard EN ISO 16484-5. This way he will learn how to evaluate the BA network techniques and how simple the specifications of interoperability areas are. Participants will get an introduction to the BACnet standard with practical exercises and enough time to get deeper into their specific problems.
Head of Training
Frank Schubert, Beckhoff Automation GmbH & Co. KG
BIG-EU Advisory Board and member of many BIG-EU working groups
The training is given in English
CABINN Appartments Hotel
Arne Jacobsens Allé 4
DK-2300 København S
December 04, 2019:
08:30 a.m. Registration
09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m. BACnet Intensive training part 1
07:00 p.m. "Get together"
December 05, 2019:
09:00 a.m.– 04:00 p.m. BACnet Intensive training part 2
Participant fee - Registration deadline: November 13, 2019
882,00 Euro (10% discount for BIG-EU Silver members and members of other BACnet organizations)
833,00 Euro (15% discount for BIG-EU Gold members, ASHRAE members and BuildingControl Danmark members)
784,00 Euro (20% discount for BIG-EU Platinum members)
735,00 Euro (25% discount for BIG-EU Sponsor members)
BIG-EU membership categories can be found here: www.big-eu.org/en/big-eu/members
5% off the above mentioned fee, if two colleagues of one company will attend.
10% off the above mentioned fee, if three or more colleagues of one company will attend.
Prices are exclusive VAT. A USB stick with the documentation of the entire training, a certificate of attendance, as well as lunch and drinks during breaks are included. For those interested we offer a networking dinner on the first evening.
Payment and cancellation conditions
You will receive a bill with the confirmation of registration via mail (attachment). Please check your inbox, thank you! Please pay by bank transfer. Credit card payment is unfortunately not possible. The participant fee is due immediately upon receipt of invoice. Cancellations made until November 05, 2019 will be refunded half of the participation fee. In case of later cancellations, the full participation fee is due. Of course, a substitute participant may be named. We reserve the right to cancel the event if participating interest is lower than expected.
BACnet Interest Group Europe (BIG-EU)
44141 Dortmund, Germany
Organization and administration
MarDirect Marketing Direct GbR
Britta von Helden
CABINN Metro Hotel
Arne Jacobsens Allé 2
DK-2300 København S
Standard single room with conference discount: DKK 504,- pr. Night, add breakfast DKK 90,-, pr. Person, pr. Day.
You can book a room with BACnet Academy Europe discount by following these steps:
- Go to website - www.cabinn.com - you enter the block code 1912BACNET in the "block code" field (located under where you select your hotel).
- Then you shall select the correct hotel (CABINN Metro), the correct dates (03/12 or 04/12 - 05/12) and number of rooms and guests.
- Then select if you want to add breakfast to your reservation or not.
- You will now book and pay for your room and be included as a part of the group.